About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm an avid sports and movie fan, and I love statistical analysis of almost anything.

Friday, October 5, 2012

MLB 2012 AWARDS


MLB AWARDS

AL MVP
1) Mike Trout - I wrote about this already
2) Miguel Cabrera - See above
3) Robinson Cano - See above
4) Adrian Beltre - I hope HOF voters take into account his defense
5) Justin Verlander - As good as ever
NL MVP
1) Buster Posey - A durable, hard-hitting catcher...wow
2) Ryan Braun - 1B in this race, for me
3) David Wright - Curious to see where he winds up
4) Andrew McCutchen - Cooled off in the 2nd half but still great
5) Chase Headley - Imagine he didn't hit in Petco
AL CY YOUNG
1) Justin Verlander - For me, he's the gold standard
2) David Price - A stud pitcher in front of a stud defense
3) Felix Hernandez - Park helps, but so does being dominant
4) Chris Sale - RP to SP = NP
5) CC Sabathia = Still an ace even with 2 DL stints
NL CY YOUNG
1) Clayton Kershaw - He's the new king SP in the NL
2) R.A. Dickey - What a year for the knuckler
3) Johnny Cueto - Check his pickoff move...wow
4) Gio Gonzalez - I guess the Nats knew what they were trading for
5) Matt Cain - Another great season for Mr.Perfect
AL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
1) Mike Trout - Duh
2) Yu Darvish - Any other year
3) Jarrod Parker - Any other, other year
4) Yoenis Cespedes - As good as advertised
5) Tommy Milone - I guess the A's knew what they were trading for
NL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
1) Bryce Harper - Close race, but I give him the edge
2) Wade Miley - A good youngster who should have a bright future
3) Norichika Aoki - A quietly very good season
4) Todd Frazier - He could be a good one at 3B for a long time
5) Lance Lynn - Tailed off, but overall was a good year
AL MANAGER OF THE YEAR
1) Buck Showalter - I have no idea how he's done it
2) John Madden - A mad genius
3) Bob Melvin - I dunno
NL MANAGER OF THE YEAR
1) Bruce Bochy - Developing into one of the all-time best
2) Davey Johnson - He must know something
3) Mike Matheny - I guess

THE MLB NOT AWARDS

AL MVP
Jeff Francoeur - hahaha...KC sucks
NL MVP
Carlos Lee - Finally that contract is up
AL CY YOUNG
Ervin Santana - ew ew ew
NL CY YOUNG
Jeremy Guthrie - ew ew ew
AL ROY
Ryan Lavarnway - That batting line is scary bad
NL ROY
Tyler Pastornicky - Love the name, hate the game
AL MOTY
Bobby Valentine - Duh
NL MOTY
Jim Tracy - Whose call was the 75-pitch limit? He's my fall guy. 

THE BLUE JAYS AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
Edwin Encarnacion - Duh
BEST HITTER
Edwin Encarnacion - Duh
BEST STARTING PITCHER
Brandon Morrow - The only good one
BEST RELIEVER
Casey Janssen - What a pleasant surprise, now keep it up please
WORST HITTER
Yunel Escobar - Could've been him or Kelly Johnson or Colby Rasmus
WORST STARTING PITCHER
Rickey Romero - Will he ever be good again? I honestly don't think so
WORST RELIEVER
Francisco Cordero - What a disaster
BEST DEFENDER
Brett Lawrie - He can really handle that hot corner, and is still improving
WORST DEFENDER
Edwin Encarnacion - Bury him at DH, or at least 1B
BEST BASE RUNNER
Rajai Davis - Duh
WORST BASE RUNNER
Adam Lind - Is he good at anything anymore?
EASIEST GUY TO CHEER FOR
David Cooper - Maybe it's just me, but I love that batting stroke
EASIEST GUY TO CHEER AGAINST
Yunel Escobar - For obvious reasons I'd say

No comments:

Post a Comment