About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm an avid sports and movie fan, and I love statistical analysis of almost anything.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

1 Down, 14 to Go

The Red Wings are out. They have fallen to the Nashville Predators.

Today, Phoenix could eliminate the BlackHawks and the Blues could eliminate the Sharks.

I believe the BlackHawks are going to persevere and  may even go on to win the round. Frankly, I don't care what happens, although I would like to see Marian Hossa get a chance to play another game in the series and perhaps gain some retribution.

I would love to see St.Louis end the Sharks' season tonight. I am a huge fan of several Blues players, and find them an easy team to cheer for. Plus the Halak/Elliot combo is very good.

Here is how I think the playoff odds stack up the rest of the way (from least likely to win the cup to most likely to win the cup):

16) Detroit Red Wings (their odds are officially equal to the Leafs')
15) Florida Panthers (I have no idea how they've managed to take 2 so far)
14) Ottawa Senators (see above)
13) San Jose Sharks (getting down 3-1 to St. Louis is NOT good)
12) Vancouver Canucks (tough to win when you can't score goals)
11) Chicago BlackHawks (a tall mountain to climb without their leading scorer)
11) Pittsburgh Penguins (you can't write off any team with Crosby and Malkin)
9) Washington Capitals (if they beat Boston, they vault up this list)
8) Phoenix Coyotes (I'm not sold on them, but they look like they'll win round 1)
7) Los Angeles Kings (eventually they'll need some offense, but Quick is the man)
6) New Jersey Devils (I wouldn't bet on them or against them)
5) Nashville Predators (this is how I would run a franchise if I owned one)
4) Philadelphia Flyers (they could still lose round 1, but they have what it takes)
3) New York Rangers (I'm putting them here but maybe should have them above Boston)
2) Boston Bruins (might not even win round 1, but if they do, watch out...pure playoff team)
1) St. Louis Blues (I probably just jinxed them)

No comments:

Post a Comment